I don’t do much Medicare Supplement work at all but I have agents that do. This script is from one of my agents and, with his permission, I have posted it here for you to see how he does it. He has been in the business for 20 years and claims this script works best for him. Good luck and hope this helps.
“Hello, this is _____________, and I work with _______________, and they asked me to contact Medicare eligible retirees in _____________ to see if they qualify for reduced rates on Medicare supplement and a new RX drug benefit. Do you have a moment to see if you are eligible?
If No: Thank you very much.
If Yes: As you know, Medicare supplement insurers have dramatically increased their rates and as I said, if you are eligible and can qualify, we may be able to help. This will only take a few minutes and if you are eligible, our local representative can get this out to you in a the next few days. OK?
1. You do have Medicare parts A and B, correct? Yes____ No____
2. Do you currently pay for your Medicare Supplement, or is it provided by an employer?
Pays self___ Employer Provided___
If they pay for it: Do you mind if I ask who its with?___________________________
If you don’t mind me asking, about how much do you pay each month?______________________
3. Within the past two years, have you been treated for any major conditions such as: heart surgery, Insulin dependent Diabetes, Stroke or Cancer? If no, continue.
Have you been in the hospital two or more time in the past two years? If no, continue.
4. Do you take any prescription drugs? Yes___ No____ About how many?_______
Do you know about how much you spend per month on the medicine? $____________
What would you say are your most expensive medicines?__________________
5. What is your date of birth?_____________
I’m just about finished.
6. Are you familiar with__________________ hospital? Would that be your hospital of choice or would you prefer a different one?
It appears you may be eligible. What I’d like to do now is confirm your address:
Do you still live at ________________.
Now, our local adviser has time available on _____________ or ___________. Which of those days is better for you? OK, let’s see, would ________am or ________Pm be better for you?
Great. We’ll look forward to seeing you on ________ at ___________am.
We appreciate your time and look forward to meeting you. You might want to put us on your calendar…